Monday, February 27, 2012

Piece By Piece


I know that this barn is still used because I've seen machinery through the doors opposite the side seen here.  I would love to go into this barn because I can imagine the light and shadows would make for interesting designs on the walls and floor.  I don't know if the ranchers and farmers that own these structures can't afford to tear them down or don't have the time, but I'd like to think they are as fascinated as I am in their slow demise.  I would also think there is quite a lot of useful wood, especially in this one, which is pretty big.

I usually hate to see piles of junk in rural areas, especially old cars and machinery, even though I understand they may be kept for parts.  I know the farm my father kept was always tidy, so I guess he set my standards. However, these old structures strike me differently, and I always feel I've found a treasure when I come across one.

No comments:

Post a Comment